PLAN ahead to have lots of variety while living on KETO meals. Make up some flatbread and freeze, and make up this fabulous Cheesy Lasagna for a future hot and delicious lunch or dinner plate!
SHOP for INGREDIENTS FOR LASAGNA:
- Eight zucchini
- Two eggs
- One pound ground beef / or Italian sausage
- One white onion and one green onion (scallion)
- One red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- White cheese favorite
- Cheddar cheese
- One can/box 15 oz tomato sauce (or make from fresh tomatoes)
DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARING LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sliced zucchini in colander; sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then squeeze out moisture. Combine zucchini with eggs, Parmesan and half of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick pot, cook up ground beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink; then drain. Mix in beef with tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add red bell pepper. Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes longer for the entire lasagna casserole.
- GET EXCITED, MAKE YOUR SHOPPING LIST and HAVE a FUN cooking day! Freeze future Lasagne and Flatbread lunch option: Cool initial baked casserole; cover and freeze. Partially thaw lasagna casserole in refrigerator overnight. Slice into meal size portions and refreeze. To enjoy a yummy lasagne lunch, remove a prize from the freezer in the morning. Before noon, preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap your slice of heaven ; reheat on a lower oven rack until heated through. Maybe 10 minutes per serving.
- Italian sausage or ground turkey sub well in this casserole.
- Make it vegetarian by skipping the meat and increasing the veggies. Mushrooms or finely chopped cauliflower (or a combination of the two) taste great.