Company is coming and it is our opportunity to astound them with a luscious lemon crepe filled with raspberry and cream cheese. Get out your favorite tea cups and plan on wowing your company with this desert. Whether you are following The Shepherd’s Code or the KETO plan, this keeps you beneath your daily range of 20 net carbs. Recipe from “Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen” cookbook available on Amazon.
WHIPPED RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- Raspberry puree (from whipped cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
WHIPPED RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE:
- Thaw raspberries and add to a blender or food processor. Add water and blend until well pureed. Remove half of the puree and set aside for the raspberry sauce.
- Add cream cheese and sweetener to the remaining raspberry puree in the blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until crepes are ready.
- Whisk together the remaining raspberry puree, lemon juice and sweetener. Set aside.
- Lay a large dish towel flat on the counter.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, sweetener, almond milk, lemon zest, and salt. Puree until smooth and well combined.
- Set a 10-inch skillet over medium-low to low heat. Add just enough butter to the pan to lightly coat it. Once hot, add a few tbsp of batter to the pan and swirl or spread into a thin layer that reaches the edges. (I find that after the first one, it’s best not to re-grease the pan very often…if you have a good non-stick pan, they should come up easily).
- Cook until edges are cooked and can be loosened with a spatula. Loosen all the way around and then lift one edge gently and work spatula underneath (I found it easiest to grab the loosened edge with my fingers while working the spatula under the crepe so I could flip it).
- Flip and cook on the other side until lightly browned. Remove and lay on dish towel, then continue with remaining batter, laying each crepe on the towel. You will get about 12 crepes.
- Spread each crepe with whipped raspberry cream cheese and fold or roll up. Drizzle with raspberry sauce and sprinkle with powdered sweetener, if desired.
Serves 6 (two crepes each). Each serving has 6.71g NET CARBS.