Got a bell pepper begging to be used? Got sausage, some burger, tomato sauce, bacon, Braggs Amino, minced garlic, and some cheese? Do you like the tang of horseradish? Replicate this exactly or add your own dash of this and that! Tasty and so extremely satisfying, your family will ask for it repeatedly!
- Four bell peppers and One half white onion
- Two small sausages
- One cup Jack, Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- Two tablespoons sweet horseradish
- Quarter cup of Bacon bits
- One pound Ground Beef
- One tablespoon minced garlic ( Use bottled minced garlic )
- One 8 ounce can tomato paste/sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon All Seasonings —- EASY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Make up some bacon. Then brown onion and sausage in bacon drippings. Remove that from pan and brown hamburger with garlic, seasonings and Bragg Liquid Aminos over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Core the peppers and remove seeds. Spray or line baking dish with foil, hollowed sides facing upward. Slice the bottoms off the peppers if necessary so that they stand upright.
- Mix in 1/2 can of tomato paste into the browned beef, add Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of water to blend (not soupy). Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining 1/2 can of tomato paste/sauce with shredded Cheese. Spoon over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with tomato sauce mixture every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Garnish with bacon bits and serve with sliced avocado drizzled with balsamic vinegar and some steamed zucchini.
BAKE in hot oven at 350 degrees for about and hour. Use Aluminum foil on the bottom of baking dish, lay over the top to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and it makes clean-up easier. One pepper Serving: 291 calories; 11.1 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 19.7 g protein