Got creative with the basic bagel dough! With one recipe you can bake a deep dish pizza, a cinnamon pastry pie, and three bagels for a variety of meals through the week. One mess, and at least 4-5 absolutely fantastic meals. My husband is only semi-keto, but he supports me with daily encouragements. He has a bread drawer and I have frozen Fat Bombs, cheesecake muffins and bagels galore!
MAKE 3 BAGELS / one PIE / one DEEP DISH PIZZA or 6 Bagels
- FIRST: MELT 2 tablespoons butter in ramekin set aside / PREHEAT OVEN 400
FIRST BOWL “STAND MIXER BOWL” combine:
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon bake SODA
- 1 tablespoon of Stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
2ND GLASS BOWL:
- MELT IN MICROWAVE: 2 oz cream cheese + 1.50 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – MIX well + add melted butter + Mix
THREE MEALS one recipe of bagel dough
- Melt 2 tbls butter for 15 seconds – PRE-HEAT oven to 270 c / 400 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in stand Mixer bowl #1
- Glass BOWL #2 melt the cheeses for 1 min, stir, 1.5 min, stir
- BOWL #3 add egg, vanilla, butter mixture to Bowl#1 and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add hot melted cheese to Bowl #1 Mixer bowl, mix for 3 minutes, scrape
- Spray baking dishes, then rub hands with coconut oil to handle dough.
- Spray square baking pan – for deep dish pizza. Hand press dough into bottom, bake for 10 minutes. Pull out of oven, add meat chili sauce on top, sprinkle shredded cheese on top – back in oven for 15- 20 min more.
- Spray ceramic pie pan – for Cinnamon Pastry – hand press dough into bottom. Sprinkle Stevia and cinnamon, add pecans on top – bake for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough into logs, cut and place ends together to make 3 bagels on cookie sheet add sesame seeds before placing in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
Have not put all ingredients into Fitness Pal yet for deep dish pizza. Pizza divided into 6 servings plus chili recipe for 8 servings. However, for each bagel = 2 carbs The Cinnamon pastry is a thin layer of bagel dough, lightly sprinkled with Stevia and cinnamon…same amount of bagel dough for one bagel so I would say 2 carbs for the entire pastry.