Be transformed by the renewing of your mind! Like a caterpillar, we once were able to eat whatever we wanted. The miracle occured, when the caterpillar stopped eating, and was still. Inside the cocoon, the Creator of all that is, supernaturally broke down the caterpillar and a whole new creature emerged. Fly like a butterfly as a lean, healthy person who walks in victory! Examine heart and thinking Brain Sweep
Kidney health and a healthy diet go hand in hand. Good nutrition is critical to keeping your kidneys healthy—particularly for those with or at risk of developing Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
Sound Advice for kidney patients?
- Be an active participant in your care.
- Follow your care plan.
- Build a kidney-healthy lifestyle.
Our kidneys are our two power organs that God gave us to remove waste and toxins from our blood, and control our water levels, keep our blood pressure in check, and balance our electrolytes. If one kidney isn’t functioning or is missing, the other can do all this on its own. It is VERY important to keep our kidneys healthy. The RIGHT nutrition is critical to building that kidney-healthy lifestyle, dietitians have created a brand-new book of kidney-friendly recipes that you can download for free.
https://somatus.com/blog_kidney-nutrition-month/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwguGYBhDRARIsAHgRm48wN2_dLX3Pj7BOx0zcJPU25x1FRiPOViK0CrSmlHbVvwhI8vXshAYaAvPDEALw_wcB CLICK LINK to download free RECIPE BOOK. Three TIPS to MAINTAIN KIDNEY HEALTH.
- Watch your salt. Kidneys are one of the body’s best defenses for controlling blood pressure—and high blood pressure is one of the leading causes of kidney disease. Sodium is blood pressure’s kryptonite. Keep your salt intake low by buying fresh foods and cooking your meals from scratch. Avoid processed food, boxed or canned. They are loaded with sodium. Continue to get your flavor fix by replacing salt with herbs and spices (like chilis, cumin, pepper, cilantro, garlic, etc.).
- Know your ideal calorie goal. Depending on your current weight, height, activity level, age, and kidney function level (58% at age 71) Don’t assume that your doctor, the MAYO CLINIC, or KIDNEY foundation has the perfect diet to follow for you. Get your personal calorie number and stick to it. ONLY consult dietician who specializes in kidney function. REN.NU.ORG
- Eat fresh fruits and veggies. This limits sodium intake, but NOT too much sugar as diabetes can develop. Kidney disease can result in high blood potassium levels, so avoid bananas, potatoes, oranges, and limit avocados.
- Watch out for phosphorus. Too much phosphorous can damage your blood vessels. IF kidneys are not a fully able to filter, they can’t get rid of the extra phosphorus. Avoid high-phosphorus foods like beans, lentils, sodas, and processed foods. Tip: Check nutrition labels for any ingredients that have “phos” in their name and keep them out of your cupboards!
- Personalize your protein intake. Eating too much protein can cause waste to build up in your blood. Kidneys are in charge of waste removal, so limit protein. Once or twice a week, a grilled chicken breast without the skin, a small steak, a grilled burger has less fat. Pick lean meats, nuts, leafy greens, and other healthy sources of protein. DO NOT EAT ALMONDS and some Kidney food lists say to limit lettuce and tomatoes. YOUR diet depends on your kidney function level.
- Choose healthy fats. Saturated fats not good as they can clog blood vessels and raise cholesterol levels. Choose polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats such as canola oil and olive oil when cooking, and consider steaming, poaching, or boiling foods instead of frying. Choose low fat dairy items to keep those healthy fats in check.
- Know your water intake goal.
BEWARE: more than one UTI per year, is a danger signal. It would be wise to have a specialist check for GFR. Read about that on this post. Fasting and Inflammation It is important to limit salt, sodium, lean meat, lettuce, tomato, broccoli, bacon, tuna, nuts, which are all on the KETO plan. The food list for people with kidney damage can be adapted easily. TRUTH: It will take a miracle to REPAIR KIDNEYS, but we can slow down the deterioration of the kidneys. Plan and prepare your meals in advance. Keep your freezer full of frozen Tilapia and Chicken breasts to make KETO KABOB Also with the giant lean hamburger pack you get at Costco, you can make 2 weeks of meals in advance in one setting and freeze it.
THINK about all you get to eat, not about what you cannot have. WITH a SMILE on your FACE, fry up with a bit of olive oil, one half of burger – season with Salt Free DASH and Sriracha sauce, DRAIN. Enjoy 4 tablespoons for your one meal a day over zucchini, or a ONE HALF fist size serving of rice. Cook the other half in large skillet and use Salt Free DASH, a whole diced white onion, generous parsley flakes, dried chives. Enjoy a 4 heaping tablespoons with a cup of cottage cheese. It tastes as close to lasagna as you will get if you sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. It is important to drain the meat off the stove, then store portions in freezer. The above link about fasting has a list of SAFE KIDNEY foods, and foods to ELIMINATE from your diet. Also take the time to listen to the podcast on the above post. LIFE GOES ON as we FLY as a beautiful butterfly, regardless of what the doctor says. Do your own research and trust God.
Affirm your health as you wisely turn off any source of negative news. Need a Healing? It is important to investigate and trust God with your health. Follow your doctors advice while doing your own research.
If your Blood Panel reveals high uric acid, beware of causing kidney, heart disease. ELIMINATE High purine foods: All alcohol, shellfish, sardines, herring, mussels, codfish, scallops, trout, haddock, bacon, turkey, veal, venison and liver. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE because GOD loves His kids! EGG ROLLS so EASY. Ingredients: EGGS, green onions, red bell pepper. LONG non stick PAN, olive oil, LOW heat. FUN, be creative and use the seasoning, a low sodium sauce.