CORRECTION – HAPPY BLOGGERS have these “7” HABITS:
- READS a Word press daily. Reads who they follow, and makes comments.
- BLOGS weekly, monthly – GETS INSPIRED – JOT NOTES – WRITES from the heart.
- Goes for a walk, hits some golf balls, emails friends, returns messages online
- Reads WP useful tips. Explores inside WP and the Daily posts.
- Gains confidence. Writes short posts. Takes Photo challenge.
- Expects to have FUN and subscribes and responds to the Daily Post. Gets creative.
- Categorizes and tags posts with buzz words that attract people who are interested in their chosen topics. Stats show my blog getting the most visits on these topics: poetry, gratitude, positivity, depression, recovery, truth, joy, and photography.
Write about topics that thrill you, categories that draw from your personal experience. If you have a struggle, by sharing it, you create a safe place. If something makes you smile, write about it. Search within WordPress for writers that click with you. As you make comments, expect that a few will resonate with what you have to say and perhaps a few will come check out your blog. GREAT, because blogging is not a numbers game.
We bloggers are compelled to stop the swirl of ideas and words and PRESS it onto the web. It is truth for me…that my family and my ‘close friends group’ know me to well to have to take the time to read what I write, we can just talk. Do not get discouraged…JUST BLOG your heart out on WordPress, it will touch an unknown soul, and they will follow you because of what you wrote. Remember Jesus, he was rejected in his hometown…but alas, the blogosphere reaches to the outer limits – to the Twilight Zone of readers. It is exciting to communicate “Awesome” “Good Word” “I agree” “Loved it” “You are speaking to my heart here” — It is a genuine compliment to have your blog read, and/or shared — but to receive a comment….now talk about inspiration…somehow, somewhere, someone gets who you are and they appreciate your input. “Your post really resonated, I follow you because you inspire me!” Since 2007 I have been blogging on BLOGGER which auto submits to Google+ and it is a great thrill to now be on WordPress which supports a greater audience, input and premium bloggers! IF you have questions, just ASK and I will do my best. Thanks for clicking in!
BLOG ON….Barbara Alley Hoyle… STATS – who would read what you have to say? People who share your interest, people you will never meet, but perhaps inspire!