All the Starbuck addicts listen up, you can now enjoy a reduced carb lemon loaf! Easy to make and satisfying. Invite your friends over for a cup of steamy coffee with heavy cream and a slice of this mouth watering loaf!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Swerve confectioner
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 1¼ cup coconut oil
- LEMON ICING MIX INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the eggs and coconut oil. Combine until light and fluffy.
- Add the natural sweetener, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×5-inch loaf pan. Cover with foil (or it will burn the top).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Make the lemon icing by combining all the icing ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth.
- When the loaf is totally cool, remove it from pan and frost the top with the melted icing. Place back in fridge for the icing to set.
- NOTE: The icing will stay melted if you put onto a warm loaf.
- Let the icing set up before slicing.
Starbuck Loaf = 470 calories, 20g fat, 6g protein, 68g carbs
“KETO’s” Loaf = 325 calories, 32.5g fat, 5.5g protein, 4.6g carbs
89% fat, 6% protein, 5% carbs