As the daughter of a German immigrant this recipe makes me feel like doing the polka! I grew up eating whatever our cook Oma prepared. This dish reminds me of the twinkle in her eye when we gobbled up her efforts to delight us.
- two breasts of Chicken
- 5 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 Onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea Salt to taste ( 1/2 teaspoon )
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the pan and add coconut oil
- add chopped onion
- Cook onion until golden brown, add chicken chunks and cook it on low for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is little bit cooked, add the sauerkraut and simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes
- When you see that sauerkraut is already cooked and soft, switch off the heat and add 5 Tablespoons of yogurt.
- Mix well and serve