The sun is warming things up and so its time to light up the barbeque pit! This BBQ sauce recipe will keep you in ketosis as you slather those ribs, that chicken or steak with this low carb flavor supreme!
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce with no added sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder or 1/4 teaspoon liquid (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit concentrated powder or 1/2 teaspoon liquid (see note)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke optional for smokey flavor
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Mix all ingredients together in small sauce pan.
Bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, cook boneless skinless meat in the sauce and shred for BBQ pulled pork or chicken.
You can sub out the stevia and monk fruit with any low carb sweetener. The entire recipe needs about 1/3 cup of sugar equivalent. ALSO, all ingredients can be combined in a slow cooker with raw meat for BBQ pulled pork or chicken or for slow cooked BBQ seasoned meat. Net carbs 3