Tweaked this pretzel recipe for more of a rise. Don’t cha just love a hot pretzel at the park with mustard? Well this recipe will inspire you to go to the ballpark with a private stash of goodies for the team! This low carb Pretzel is soft and chewy with a beautiful yeasty aroma of freshly baked bread, you can also add Stevia instead of salt for a donut.
INGREDIENTS FOR 12 PRETZELS
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Philly cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of Coconut flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons of Xanthan Gum (at SuperLake in Mexico)
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of dried yeast ( 1 sachet )
- 2 tablespoons of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
DIRECTIONS FOR BAKING Pretzels or the recipe as Donuts
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Use a microwave dish to melt mozzarella cheese and philly cheese. 30 second increments, stir, 30 more seconds until almost liquid.
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tbl warm water + 1/4 tsp Stevia, to activate for 2 minutes.
- Use a mixer bowl, place the coconut flour and xanthum gum and mix well.
- Add the eggs, yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the hot melted cheese to Mixing bowl, knead dough until all the ingredients are fully combined. Around 5-10 minutes.
- Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
- Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a lined cookie sheet, give a little space with side as the pretzels will rise.
- Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- When the pretzels are golden brown, remove them from the oven. .
If you’re looking for a sweet version of these low-carb pretzels try these glazed pretzels they’re like a low-carb donut.
So, what electrolytes do you want to replenish while on a KETO plan?
Sodium – MOST IMPORTANT – 5000-7000mg daily
Potassium – SECOND MOST IMPORTANT – 1000-3500mg daily
Magnesium –Citrate THIRD 300-500mg daily – necessary to incorporate regardless of diet cuz humans cannot get enough from food or drink anymore. (Amazon)
3 thoughts on “KETO Pretzels”
Pingback: KETO Support Buds | Living Abroad
Pingback: KETO How It Works | Living Abroad
Pingback: KETO SPICY CHILI | Living Abroad