In honor of the worldwide view of the Lunar Eclipse on Sunday January 20, 2019 our casa will be serving this international favorite. Today I added bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, fresh snap peas and a cup of peanuts to the recipe below. Have fun with it!
This highfalutin low carb Asian dish will forever remain a favorite! I keep a tub in the fridge as a “go to” side on my table! This Low Carb Crack Slaw recipe has been tweaked from the original “Cooking Keto with Christie” The basic ingredients are easy assembled in your favorite cast iron skillet! While creating a weekly meal plan why not use a portion of the crack slaw to make KETO Sweet Cabbage Rolls really, really good! Watch the video at the bottom and subscribe to this FUN chef on youtube “Highfalutin Low Carb”. My pan was not big enough so I threw all ingredients into giant crock pot, then added the chopped cabbage. Just sayin….make it yours!
- One head cabbage to chop up
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings – or olive oil, or sesame oil.
- ground beef + 2 sausages chopped up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or re vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic from jar
- 3 scallions, in slices
- 4 drops liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Thai paste
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Amino Acids
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh or jar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- OPTIONAL: Bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, peanuts
NOTE: Serve with a dollop of Wasabi mayonnaise. Best Foods mixed with a bit of red wine vinegar and wasabi paste according to your taste.
HOW TO COOK CRACK SLAW in Cast iron skillet
Fry up 4 strips of bacon, remove bacon from skillet, leave drippings. Brown 1.5 pounds of ground beef in the bacon drippings. Do not drain. Dump bag of slaw into the pan, stir in all the ingredients above. Keeps in the fridge for 5 days, just nuke a dish and serve as a side to a pork chop, a BBQ steak or as a meal in itself.