This is a German recipe for sweet KETO friendly cabbage rolls, minus the rice. On the day that I prepare a pan of Crack Slaw …using this recipe KETO Crackalickin Good Before chopping cabbage for crack slaw, I pull off 4 large leaves from the cabbage and set in pot to boil. Boil cabbage leaves 3 minutes on a high roll to soften leaves for rolling.
INGREDIENTS FOR “4” CABBAGE ROLLS STUFFING MADE OF CRACK SLAW
- 1.5 tablespoons Sesame Oil – ( use same pan crack slaw cooked in )
- 1/2 medium white onion – A splash of flavoring – Gyoza Sauce.
- NOTE: I actually added about a cup of leftover pulled pork with the crack slaw meat
DIRECTIONS for German CABBAGE ROLLS made out of leftovers
- Put Sesame oil in pan and cook onions until they sweat, add crack slaw beef already cooked for crack slaw, KETO Crackalickin Good . Thai paste was found after I made first batch. Substitute with anything Asian sauce.
- Take the “4” boiled cabbage leaves out of the water (hot) let them cool. Lay flat and roll them up using the crack slaw meat. Return rolled cabbage into same skillet and sprinkled a few dry onion flakes. Simmer in Sesame Oil for 15 minutes and serve with KETO Crispy Salads
Per 2 cabbage rolls : 215 calories; 13.1 g fat; 2.3 g carbs 12.8 g protein
NOTE: Updated recipe – to maintain Asian flavor, omitted tomato sauce which reduces the calorie and carb count, added 1 tbl Potsticker Gyoza sauce, and sesame seed oil. Click picture to enlarge them. Made 4 cabbage rolls stuffed with crack slaw, placed in tupperware, just one for lunch fried in sesame oil, a bit of Gyoza, sprinkled with seeds and green onion with a side of KETO Broccoli Salad
Above YouTube chef makes Polish rolls 😃