It is raining in my tiny Mexican pueblo today and I’m getting ready to fall into a pot of stew! This extra meaty mix is based on an old German recipe from my mom! There is a reason my hubby calls me his German princess because this stew is fit for a king! If your tummy is asking “Where’s the beef?” Answer that call with this Momma Mia stew and to be authentic – serve with sliced tomato and avocado and drizzle balsamic on it.
- 1/2 pound chopped beef from the butcher in Chapala
- Chopped vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, kale, zucchini, carrots
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 large white onion
- 1 packet of Lawry’s Beef Stew mix
- Place chopped beef in large zip lock bag and put 1/2 cup coconut flour with salt, pepper. Shake until all beef parts are covered.
- Drizzle coconut oil in a large skillet and dump chopped beef to brown with the bacon. Cook until bacon is almost crispy and all beef is browned.
- Dump the cooked chopped beef and bacon into a large stew pot filled with two quarts of water. Cook on high heat till it boils. The bacon will float to the top.
- Pull out the bacon from the stew pot and fry with a whole chopped white onion until bacon is crispy and onion is browned.
- Dump onion and bacon into the stew pot and add all the chopped vegetables and a packet of Lawry’s. Boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.