Morning baking before it gets hot here in Mexico is fun and wise. Today while listening to the soundtrack from “Out of Africa” I made a batch of bagels and one chocolate cake and one small vanilla cake. All items are kept in the fridge as there are no preservatives. Set for a week of yum to include a slice of cake for any drop by guests. Chocolate cake recipe can be easily tweaked for the vanilla cake, just drop the chocolate, HWC, coconut oil – whala a VANILLA cake!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA “6” inch CAKE:
4 ounces cream cheese softened (about ¾ pkg)
1 large egg
1 heaping Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp water + 1 tsp vanilla
FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE ADD:
Melt 2 oz unsweetened chocolate + 1 tbls (HWC) + ¼ tsp coconut oil
DRY INGREDIENTS For both chocolate and Vanilla cake:
1/2 cup Whey protein powder (no substitutions)
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp tar tar
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbls Stevia (Swerve if you have it)
1) Nuke butter, cream cheese in glass bowl for 45 seconds.
2) Stirring butter, cheese then add egg, water, vanilla.
3) In small ramekin melt chocolate + HWC + coconut oil for thirty seconds and stir.
4) Add ramekin of chocolate to glass bowl of butter and cheese. STIR well. THEN add dry ingredients
5) Hand mix all ingredients with a whisk till smooth then pour into baking dish. I used 6 inch Pyrex (Soriano)
Bake in buttered 6″ Pyrex dish that was sprayed with PAM. Let cool in Pyrex dish for 60 minutes before slicing. Slice and spray with Whip cream and enjoy!