This chicken casserole has a jalapeno kick! A crowd pleaser for certain! With everyday ingredients you can pull this together quick, pop in the oven and get rave reviews! The bacon rind crunch and the jalapeno makes folks come back for seconds.
INGREDIENTS / DIRECTIONS
- SIX boneless, skinless chicken breasts salted and peppered to taste and lay them out in a 13×9 casserole dish.
- OPTION: Use 2 rotisserie chickens from the grocery store for time savings.
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
BAKE CHICKEN / THEN ADD LAYER OF ZAP: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake chicken covered in foil for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts. ****IF USING ROTISSERIE CHICKEN just debone and lay in casserole dish. Fry bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from fry pan and add diced onions to saute in bacon drippings. MIX together: crispy bacon bits, onions, jalapenos, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Blend will. Spread layer of zap mixture all over each Chicken in 13×9 casserole dish.
- 2 oz bag of Pork Skins, crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
For the Crumb topping: mix together the crushed pork skins, Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of layer of zap topped chicken. Bake at 350 degrees F until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY with a crispy green salad.