With Thanksgiving and Christmas soon beckoning our taste buds for a bit of yummy bread, this essential pound cake can be altered to fit many occasions. The lemon frosting can be replaced with a raspberry, a chocolate glaze or just butter it up while it’s hot. Just think of the creative possibilities!
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of your favorite sweetener
- 8 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese, and erythritol into a mixing bowl.
2. Cream together the butter and erythritol until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
3. Add in the eggs, lemon extract,and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients.
4. In a medium sized bowl: mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
5. Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
6. Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 60 – 120 minutes at 350F or until smooth in the middle when tested with a toothpick.
7. If creating a glaze: blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.
2 thoughts on “KETO Lemon Cake”
Pingback: KETO Dinner Party | Living Abroad
Pingback: Lemon Loaf | Living Abroad