Avocado and chocolate just seem like strange bedfellows, but WOW, in this recipe from SimplysoHealthy, with a few tweaks, it has become a favorite source of extra fat when needed. It does not freeze well, so i trimmed down the portions, and added a few items. Pictures from Simplysohealthy.com.
Ingredients have been cropped to make (2) servings
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated stevia
- 1 medium avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
Place all ingredients in mixing bowl or blender, buzz on high till smooth.
Pour into serving sized cups, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Garnish with canned whip cream, coconut flakes, sliced almonds .
Makes 2 serving (about 5 ounces per serving) – Net carbs (g) 2
Per serving: Calories: 229 – Fat (g): 21- Carbs (g): 9 – Fiber (g): 7- Protein (g): 4