Summer time is a favorite time to always enjoy some sweet tea and a barbecue! Got people coming? Then marinate your chicken over night and get ready for this people pleasing, gluten free, keto friendly BBQ!
- 2 family sized tea bags
- 4 tablespoons Stevia
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3-4 pounds chicken pieces (I used bone in breasts)
- Boil 4 cups of water, add tea bags, and steep for 10 minutes. Pour steeped tea over the Stevia in a pitcher, stir till sweetener is dissolved.
- Add onion, lemon, garlic, and rosemary stir, then add ice and allow pitcher to cool .
- Place chicken into a zip lock bag, add brine minus the ice. Marinate chicken in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken and toss the brine. Dry the chicken off with paper towels.
- Place chicken on HOT grill, cover and BBQ till done.
- This husband and wife below on KETO for three years – WOW – what a difference!