Wish you had a side of potato with that? Welcome to the best imposter for the Keto plan. A RADISH – is a radiant potato disguised in a pink skin. YES, YES, YES — you must try it, like Mikey did, and he likes it!
- 2 bunches medium radishes (about 20) trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- flakey sea salt to taste
- black pepperfreshly ground to taste
- 2 tablespoonsgrass-fed butter to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese freshly grated, to taste
- 1/4 cup sour creamto taste
- 4-6 bacon slicescrispy and crumbled
- chives or spring onions thinly sliced, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Brush a baking dish or rimmed tray with olive oil.*
Add radishes to prepared baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Roast for 45-60 minutes, until golden and lightly crisp, tossing them about half way through.
Now you can either just add some butter and top them with cheddar cheese right there. Or pile them up in a ramekin with a touch of butter between the layers (our preferred way!).
Set your oven to broil, and cook your cheddar-topped radishes until the cheese is fully melted.
Serve right away topped with sour cream, crumbled crispy bacon and chives or bring onions.
*Based on your feedback, some of you are roasting them at 450°F/230°C for 45-60 minutes. So you will need to do some fiddling around depending on the size of your radishes and oven. So we suggest you taste them a bit along the way and adjust accordingly. Just note that we do prefer to roast them for longer at a lower temperature for optimal results.