This highfalutin low carb Asian dish will forever remain a favorite! I keep a tub in the fridge as a “go to” side on my table! This Low Carb Crack Slaw recipe has been tweaked from the original “Cooking Keto with Christie” The basic ingredients are easy assembled in your favorite cast iron skillet! While creating a weekly meal plan why not use a portion of the crack slaw to make KETO Sweet Cabbage Rolls really, really good! Watch the video at the bottom and subscribe to this FUN chef on youtube “Highfalutin Low Carb”.
- 1 package pre cut coleslaw 16 oz – or one head cabbage to slice up
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings – 4 slices of bacon (cut up for bacon bits)
- ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic from jar
- 3 scallions, in slices
- 4 drops liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Thai paste
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Amino Acids
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh or jar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
NOTE: Serve with a dollop of Wasabi mayonnaise. Best Foods mixed with a bit of red wine vinegar and wasabi paste according to your taste.
HOW TO COOK CRACK SLAW in Cast iron skillet
Fry up 4 strips of bacon, remove bacon from skillet, leave drippings. Brown 1.5 pounds of ground beef in the bacon drippings. Do not drain. Dump bag of slaw into the pan, stir in all the ingredients above. Keeps in the fridge for 5 days, just nuke a dish and serve as a side to a pork chop, a BBQ steak or as a meal in itself.