Pesto is a mouthful of bright summer — All you need is a food processor and a few ingredients. Ooooh, the smell of fresh basil! Ponchos has it at lakeside in abundance. Fresh basil is also available at the Wednesday market in Ajijic. Bathe the Basil, remove stems and toss into a food processor, add nuts, garlic and drizzle olive oil. A kidney happy, versatile sauce to generously pour over bean sprouts, chicken or fish.
Yield: 2 cups – GO AHEAD make a double batch and FREEZE
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic – used minced 1/2 cup
- ½cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine basil leaves, pine nuts or walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until very finely mixed into a lovely shade of delicious green.
- With the machine running slowly dribble in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add cheese, process briefly, just long enough to combine. Store in refrig or freezer. Add whatever rocks your boat! If you have diminished kidney function – Slow Kidney Damage
One thought on “Pesto Presto”
Pingback: Fasting and Inflammation | Living Abroad